Tuesday 14 June 2016

A bit of something different! Finishing the Frog Sounds v3.0

As a break from the tension of working on the RT-320, I decided to finally finish off the Chinese Frog Sounds 40m QRP CW transceiver. Now, this has been sat on my bench in its case for a long time, waiting for me to be bothered to find a way of securing the case lid!

So, tonight ive found out a bit more sheet aluminium, chopped it out using the nibbler, drilled some holes in it, bent it 90 degrees on my Mighty Mini bender, and turned it into a pair of brackets. A few  Nutsert threaded rivets to put case screws into, and a few pop rivets to fasten the brackets permanently to the chassis, and its done.



Its all rather rough and ready, I might add nice Dymo labels later. Heck, I might even be tempted to try it out on air!


No comments: