Thursday 15 December 2016

Ultimate 3S - now 6-Band ready

Finally got around to completing the Low Pass Filters for 15m and 17m, and to adding the SMA socket to the relay board.


So now my Ultimate 3S QRP beacon is ready to go on six bands - 10m, 15m, 17m, 20m, 30m and 40m.

I still need to build a little 5v regulator unit to go with it, but I have all the parts for that, its just a case of bothering to build it. The official metal case for the beacon is on order. When that arrives, I will also obtain a suitable low profile plastic case for the GPS module, which I will then bolt on top.

I still need to test the new LPFs, but its not likely there will be anything wrong with them. I cant test them just now, as without the proper regulator card, I need battery power - and none of them are charged!

No comments: