Thursday 6 July 2017

Spectrum Analysis - Am I doing it Wrong?

After a lot of puzzling and pondering over the transverter, ive started to come to a slow realization that much of the problem might actually be with me!

What I mean is, im starting to think that my knowledge of how to correctly read the spectrum analyser, and hence my interpretation of the results of tests on the transverter, may be lacking in understanding.

Sadly, when I try and find tutorials online, they are either far too in depth, such as guides to measuring phase noise, or based on much more modern and advanced LCD FFT instruments, rather than the 'classical' CRT superhet instrument I have.

So I guess what I need to do is get to very thorough grip with my SA instrument and its operation, before I progress with the transverter.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi,

A lot of the HP notes are useful reading.

Try this one:-

http://literature.cdn.keysight.com/litweb/pdf/5952-0292.pdf

Regards,

Martin - G8JNJ