Thursday 22 February 2018

Mast-head ADS-B system - layout

More for my own purposes than anything else, just so I get my thoughts fully straight over what is required to be included in the systems radome, I have drawn up a diagram of the internal arrangement of the project

The antenna represented is the 1090MHz ground-plane. Although this has no dBd gain, it is however compact and effective when mounted clear of obstructions. The diagram only shows the necessary electrical connectivity, it does not in any way represent the hardware challenges involved.

At present, with the current test bed setup and its windowsill mounted antenna, I am running a data aggregation for 24h, to create what is termed a 'splat' - a graphical map based representation of the antennas coverage. I will post up the result of this once aggregation is complete.




On each blog post  I will be including the following link -
 £50 credit if you switch energy supplier to Bulb Ltd
This is my own personal referral link, not an advert! I am with Bulb for gas and electricity. Do your own research, but if you decide to switch to them, do so via the above link, and we both get a £50 credit!

No comments: